Psychotherapy Naas, Kildare
Orlagh Gahan is a qualified accredited Counsellor & Psychotherapist (MIACP, B.Sc) and Complementary Health therapist in private practice at the Naas Holistic Centre in Naas, Co. Kildare. Originally from south Dublin and with over 15 years experience as a therapist, Orlagh now has a busy client practice in Naas. Orlagh provides primarily professional Counselling, Psychotherapy and Reflexology. She specialises in the area of sexual problems, fertility, infertility, sexual addiction, pregnancy and recovery from addictions and illness for both individuals and couples.
Orlagh is passionate about natural health and wellness and empowering clients to make positive changes in their lives. There is a direct link between the mind and body and her therapeutic approach with every individual is holistic and integrative, the focus is always on the whole person, and not just specific presenting problems. Orlagh is a professional member of the Irish Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists, The Irish Fertility Counsellors Association and the National Register of Reflexologists Ireland. She holds professional indemnity insurance and continues professional training in mental health and well-being.
In 2002, Orlagh began training as a massage therapist & Reflexologist and obtained a number of Diplomas in Complementary Health Therapy. She has also been practicing healing and Reiki since 2000. She has trained in Ireland, the UK and New Zealand in various disciplines and places a strong emphasis on natural healing. In 2007 she began 5 years of extensive training to become a qualified Counsellor & Psychotherapist (B.Sc Hons Degree) with PCI College & Middlesex University and is an accredited Psychotherapist with the I.A.C.P.
In her psychotherapy practice, Orlagh provides short and longer term therapy with a specific interest in sex therapy, fertility and also addiction recovery. She specialises in sexual health, sex therapy, sexual addiction, sexual problems, fertility and addiction & recovery for men and women. She is part of the core team of Addiction Counsellors at The Centre for Addictive & Problematic Behaviours and is a Clinical Case Manager providing psychological assessments and EAP counselling for EAP Consultants and Inspire Workplaces.
Orlagh provides Fertility Counselling and Fertility Reflexology to men and women for natural and assisted IVF fertility.
- B.Sc (Hons) Degree in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Dip. Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Dip. Reflexology
- Dip. Indian Head Massage
- Dip. Anatomy & Physiology
- Dip. Holistic Healing Massage
Professional Association Memberships:
- Accredited member of the Irish Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (I.A.C.P)
- Member of the Irish Fertility Counsellor’s Association (I.F.C.A)
- Registered Reflexologist with the National Register of Reflexologists Ireland (N.R.R.I)
Additional Related Professional Training (CPD):
- Infertility Counselling | British Infertility Counselling Association – Manchester 2018
- Addiction, Assessment & Recovery Training | Addiction Northern Ireland 2018
- Reflexology in Cancer Care | NRRI
- Advanced Pregnancy Massage
- Pregnancy Massage Therapy
- Fertility Reflexology | NRRI
- Pregnancy Reflexology | NRRI
- Anger Management | IICP
- Group Facilitation | HSE
- Sexual Health Promotion Facilitation (80 hours) | HSE
- Sex Addiction – Experts in Addiction | COSRT
- Sex Addiction | ATSAC – UK
- Management & Intervention of Traumatic Stress | EACC
- Sex & Couples Issues in the Counselling Room | COSRT
- Couples Counselling Training | IICP
- ASIST Suicide Intervention | HSE
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT )| PCI College
- Occupational First Aid | FETAC
- Sex & Pornography Addiction | PCI College
- Substance & Behavioural Addiction Counselling | PCI College
- Philosophy, Spirituality & Healing | The Arthur Findlay College, UK
- Usui Reiki Levels 1 & 2
Orlagh holds professional indemnity insurance.
Health professionals are invited to contact me and connect on Linkedin here