Massage Kildare 2
Massage Therapy is a natural therapy which promotes physical health and relaxation. It can be used to treat many physical symptoms such fatigue, dis-ease, illness, pain, muscle & back problems. Therapy treats the skeletal, muscular, nervous and circulatory systems.
Massage therapy is a well established complementary health therapy which continues to evolve in terms of medical, health and sports science. Therapy treats the symptoms of illness, injury, pain and stress and helps promote relaxation. Regular treatments can have many benefits physically and mentally and is a wonderful self-care therapy for individuals recovering from illness and anxiety. Regular therapy can be very effective for relaxation and preventing problems from developing in the body. Massage is effective in combating stress, tiredness, fatigue and anxiety. There are different types of massage therapy such as relaxation, sports, remedial, deep tissue, aromatherapy, seated chair massage and Indian head massage. Each therapy uses a range of techniques on the body such as kneading, circular movements, acupressure, cupping and tapping. Qualified professional massage therapists will also be registered with a professional association, be fully qualified & insured, have a good knowledge of anatomy and a strong ethical practice.
The Health Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Relieves stress, tension and tiredness
- Encourages and promotes relaxation and reduces stress
- Reduces muscular and physical tension by relaxing muscles
- Has a soothing effect on the mind and body
- Improves blood circulation thus increasing the efficiency of organs and cells
- Stimulates the nervous system
- Improves lymphatic drainage
- Increases circulation and eliminates toxins from the system
- Improves joint mobility and flexibility
- Improves rehabilitation after injury
- Helps improve posture
- Helps to release trapped nervous energy and balance energy
- Activates and enhances the bodies natural self healing abilities
- Helps to maintain and restore overall health
- Helps to improve sleep
Types of Massage Therapy:
Orlagh provides the following types of massage therapy using warm oils, a heated plint, warm towels & essential oils (approx 60 minutes)
Deep Tissue Massage – Neck, back, shoulders, arms & leg massage using hot towels on the back for deep muscle relaxation.
Relaxation Holistic Healing Massage – A soothing relaxing full body massage using essential oils and healing to finish.
Remedial Massage – Massage for pain, stiffness, discomfort and problematic areas.
Pregnancy Massage & Advance Pregnancy Massage Therapy – Pregnancy massage for relaxation, pregnancy symptoms or problem areas.
Postnatal Massage – A therapeutic tailored post pregnancy massage combining relaxation with deep tissue massage for new mothers up to 12 month after birth.
Massage Therapy with Reiki Healing – Neck, back, shoulders, arms and legs massage followed by 20 minutes of healing.
Massage Therapy with Reflexology – Neck, back, shoulders, arms and legs massage followed by 25 minutes of reflexology.