Psychotherapy provides counselling, emotional support and professional help to men and women for past and present issues which may be effecting them. We all experience challenged and difficulty at various times in our life. During these times it can help to seek the support of a professional Psychotherapist who provides non-judgmental and confidential therapeutic support.
Psychotherapy is a therapeutic talk therapy process suitable for many adults and young adults. The type of psychotherapy approach can depends on each individual and their presenting problems. There are different types of therapeutic approaches which can be used such as holistic counselling, person centered counselling, addiction counselling, CBT and solution focused counselling. Unconditional positive regard and confidentiality are core to the counselling relationship. Many therapists will specialise in specific areas and specific approaches. Therapy may be short or longer term depending on each clients presenting issues. There is a misconception that counselling is a miracle cure for problems, this is incorrect. Counselling is a therapeutic process which individual’s engage in over a period of time. Clients are often encouraged to make behavioral and lifestyle changes and consider additional supports and resources. Counselling sessions are attended regularly, weekly or bi-weekly for a period of time or as long as necessary.
“Therapy can be a very rewarding process which takes time, patience and personal investment. It is a wonderful journey of self discovery, acceptance and understanding.”
Orlagh provides counselling and psychotherapy for a range of areas including sexual problems, fertility and addiction.
- One to one personal psychotherapy
- Sexual problems, sex therapy & sexual health – Individuals & couples
- Sex, Dating & Relationships
- Addiction & Recovery Counselling – Substances, alcohol, gambling, food, sex, pornography – Individuals & Couples
- Addiction Family Support
- Problematic behaviours – Individual & couples
- Specialist counselling – Sexual Addiction – Individuals & couples
- Anger management – Individuals & couples
- Fertility counselling – Individuals & couples
- Stress management
- Lifestyle & well-being coaching
- Online counselling via Skype
- Telephone counselling
Please be aware that there are a number of areas which I do not provide counselling services. These include moderate to severe mental health problems & disorders, bereavement, childhood sexual abuse, suicidal behaviour and crisis counselling. Please contact your GP or find a local Counsellor & Psychotherapist at www.iacp.ie who specialises in the above.
The Benefits of Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Professional confidential support.
- Safe and non judgmental.
- Supportive and consistent guidance.
- A space to be truly honest with yourself.
- Help for overcoming many emotional and mental health problems.
- Therapy provides you with an opportunity to understand yourself better.
- Promotes positive self regard, self acceptance, self respect and self-actualisation.
- It helps individuals to focus on what is important in their lives and provides a sense of direction.
- Talk therapies can be a motivating and life changing experience for many people.
- The therapeutic relationship helps individuals to develop a strong and accepting sense of self.
- Support for understanding and overcoming addictions, problematic behaviours, internal conflict and criticism.
I would recommend counselling to everyone! Most of us lead busy lives and to have a time to really reflect and discuss what’s on your mind with a professional is hugely valuable and contributes to overall wellness.” -Client Testimonial-
First Consultation – 55 Minutes – €65
Follow-up Appointment – 55 Minutes – €65
Extended Appointment – 1 Hour 20 Minutes – €90
Extended Appointment – 1 Hour 50 Minutes – €125
Specialist Counselling – 55 Minutes – €75
A standard 24 hour cancellation policy applies to all booked appointments. Full payment or a deposit payment is required when booking all appointments.
First Consultation – 55 minute appointment – An initial appointment suitable for information, support, counselling and general inquiries about the counselling process. First consultations are paid for in full at the time of booking.
Follow-up Appointment – 55 Minute appointment – A standard psychotherapy appointment for on-going counselling.
Extended Appointment – 1 Hour 20 Minutes – An extended psychotherapy appointment for on-going counselling.
Extended Appointment – 1 Hour 50 Minutes – An extended psychotherapy appointment for on-going counselling.
Self referrals and formal referrals are accepted. You do not require a formal referral letter to make an appointment. I accept referrals from GP’s, health professionals, organisations and other counselling and health professionals. Referrals for EAP Counselling (Employee Assistance Programme) need to come through your EAP provider.