Postnatal massage therapy also known as post pregnancy massage therapy is for women who have been pregnant in the previous 12 months. This massage therapy combines soothing relaxation massage techniques with deep tissue massage to promote rest and relaxation, the perfect way to recovery and re-cooperate from pregnancy. The main therapeutic focus of treatments is to address any problem areas which may have developed in the body as a result of pregnancy or carrying and caring for your growing baby. Warm oils, a heated plinth and carefully chosen essential oils combined with a tailored massage for each new mother will leave your feeling rejuvenated after this treatment. Massage therapy is a popular complementary health therapy which has many health benefits.
The Benefits of Postnatal Massage
- Helps to reduce stress and tension in the body.
- Can help to relieve anxiety and fatigue.
- A soothing and comforting experience.
- Promotes rest and relaxation.
- Soothes muscle aches, pain and stiffness.
- Encourages the bodies natural healing abilities.
- Counteracts pain and discomfort from lifting, holding or feeding a young baby.
- A simple effective self-care practice for new mothers.
- Provides a supportive atmosphere for restoring the mind and body.
- Stimulates the nervous and circulatory system.
“Postpartum massage has been shown to be effective for a quicker recovery and better health. Integration of maternal bodywork may add welcome value to your healing journey and transition to motherhood.” – AmericanPregnancy.org
Post Pregnancy Massage Therapy:
- Full Body Postnatal Massage
- Neck, Back, Shoulders, Arm Massage with Reflexology and Healing
- Remedial Postnatal Massage – Suitable for specific problem areas or pain
Duration: 60 Minutes & 90 Minutes