Reflexology continues to grow in popularity as a gentle and powerful Complementary Health Therapy as it has many great benefits. Increasingly, reflexology is being used to sooth common health problems in a safe and non-evasive way. Reflexology essentially treats the whole person, mind and body, from the inside out by using gentle massage and pressure techniques on reflex points found on both the hands and feet. Regular reflexology treatments can be used to sooth and reduce the symptoms of common complaints such as sleep problems, fertility issues, chronic illness, muscle pain, stress and anxiety.
Reflexology essentially treats the whole person, mind and body, from the inside out. By treating the whole person on an emotional and physical level, the benefits of reflexology can be experienced long after the treatment ends.
10 Great Physical and Emotional Benefits of Reflexology;
- The feet hold the reflexes to the whole body and by working on just the feet, the whole body benefits.
- During a treatment the feet are stimulated to relax all the muscles in the body which increases circulation and promotes relaxation.
- Stimulating the reflexes to troubled areas in the body will help promote healing in that specific area.
- Massage techniques used in reflexology have an immediate relieving and soothing effect on the mind and body.
- Reflexology helps to eliminate and remove waste products and toxins which build up in the body as a result of stress and food intake.
- Various systems such as the nervous and circulatory system are activated and stimulated during a treatment which allows energy to flow more freely around the body.
- Reflexology treatments stimulates and soothes around 7,000 nerves in the whole body which help activate the bodies self healing.
- The combination of touch and stress relief experienced during each treatment help to sooth pain and reduce mental and emotional anxiety.
- It is possible to reduce the symptoms of many physical problems such as back pain, period pain and digestive problems by focusing on specific reflexes.
- Using essential aromatherapy oils such as Lavender and Rose during reflexology can help the client to feel relaxed, energised and uplifted after each session.
Reflexology treatments typically last for 1 hour and are provided in a warm and relaxing environment.
To find out more about reflexology or to book an appointment with Orlagh Gahan in Naas Holistic Centre, Naas, Co. Kildare please click here.