Fertility Reflexology is a wonderful relaxing non-evasive complementary therapy which works on the feet to treat the whole body. There are over 5,000 nerve ending in the feet which are connected to each of the body’s systems and reflexology helps to stimulate and balance each one individually. There are many natural ways we can influence our fertility and chances of conception over time for example eating healthy, regular exercise and making long-term positive lifestyle choices.
Fertility reflexology helps individuals and couples who hope to improve their fertility and overall health by balancing hormones, reducing stress and restoring balance in the body. Fertility reflexology is suitable for men and women and both partners are encouraged to attend treatments as part of an overall holistic approach to improving and promoting fertility. Many people find reflexology a therapeutic and healthy way of reducing stress and tension. When an individual or couple are experiencing ongoing problems with fertility, it can be a difficult and emotional time. Your Fertility Reflexologist is there to provide emotional support and reassurance during reflexology sessions and both men and women can benefit from the emotional support available during ongoing treatments.
Fertility reflexology is suitable for men and women and both partners are encouraged to attend treatments as part of an overall holistic approach to improving their fertility.”
The Purpose of Fertility Reflexology
- To help reduce stress, tension and anxiety
- Helps to calm and balance the nervous & endocrine system
- Balance hormone levels
- Regulate ovulation and the menstrual cycle
- Stimulate endorphin release – the feel good hormone
- Helps to try create a balanced environment for conception to take place
- Helps the body to cope more effectively with stress and the effect on the body
- Improves circulation and blood flow to the reproductive system
- Supports men and women through their fertility journey
- Provides general emotional support and understanding
- A safe, relaxing and therapeutic experience
- A treatment that couples can attend and learn together and practice at home
As fertility issues and infertility are medical conditions, Reflexologists do not claim to cure infertility or the causes of fertility issues or provide any form of medical advice or diagnosis. However, treatments can be incredibly relaxing and calming and may in turn help to balance hormones and the endocrine system which are fundamental to the body’s natural balance. Natural and conventional fertility treatments can be enhanced by a course fertility reflexology and is becoming increasingly popular. Most private Irish health care insurance providers cover Reflexology treatments which cost around €45 to €60 per one hour session. To find out more about Fertility Reflexology with Orlagh in Naas, Kildare visit www.orlaghgahan.ie
Orlagh Gahan is a qualified Reflexologist with additional training in Pregnancy and Fertility Reflexology and Sexual Health Issues. She holds a Diploma in Holistic Healing Massage, Diploma in Reflexology, Diploma in Indian Head Massage and a B.Sc. Degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy.