Pregnancy reflexology also know as maternity reflexology or ante-natal reflexology is a wonderful therapy which treats the whole body by working on the feet using massage, pressure and gentle movements. It is a very soothing and relaxing therapy which has many benefits throughout the course of your pregnancy. It essentially helps to bring about balance, harmony and relaxation while also helping to reduce and alleviate many symptoms experienced during each trimester.
Pregnancy reflexology essentially helps to nurture the nurturer through the many mixed emotions and changes of pregnancy.”
Your reflexologist becomes a friendly pregnancy partner who will nurture and support you all through your pregnancy. Regular treatments help the mother to cope better with pregnancy and prepares her mentally and physically for labour and motherhood. Many women will have previously attended Fertility Reflexology prior to becoming pregnant. Sessions provide a space to teach and practice simple breathing exercises and affirmations which are beneficial during the birthing process. Reflexology is recommended by the National Maternity Hospital, Holles Street in Dublin 2. Pregnancy reflexology essentially helps to nurture the nurturer through the many mixed emotions and changes of pregnancy.
The Benefits of Pregnancy Reflexology
- Helps reduce early pregnancy symptoms such as morning sickness, nausea and fatigue.
- Alleviates physical symptoms such as constipation and heartburn.
- Promotes and aids relaxation and reduces stress and anxiety.
- Provides a safe space to talk about any fears or anxieties that may be experienced.
- Prepares the body for labour by balancing the bodies systems especially the endocrine system which governs the labour process.
- Alleviates muscle and back pain.
- Helps to boost energy levels and restore the bodies natural balance.
- Nurtures, supports and reassures the client throughout the course of pregnancy.
- Teaches and encourages simple breathing exercise and affirmations.